Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

That One Thing About Me

Self Pity.

This will be the cause of my fall in life.

My weakness.

My death.

Its what I involuntarily indulge in. Anything sad that happens in my life invariably brings me down to such lows that tears cease to fall.

Things as petty as marks, for that matter.
As I've mentioned before, college started out on a lovely note. Lots of friends, places, people, et cetera et cetera.
But then came the devil. My very first examinations in college.
The sessionals.

By judging from my one liners and one worded sentences, you may have guessed I'm feeling rather hot headed at the moment. It indeed is true. So no matter what time I have to sleep tonight, I WILL FINISH THIS BLOG POST.

Let me back up a little.

Today was the last day of my 10-day break. I was on my way back to Manipal with two of my closest friends. The day seemed bad from the morning I woke up.
Firstly, I didn't want to leave home. The comfort of ready made meals any time of the day, the television, Connaught Place, malls... Life was indeed bliss.
But today morning 4 o'clock, I knew it had to be a bad day. The splitting headache, constant nausea throughout the flight, the dreaded feeling of facing the academics of engineering simply brought me down. I was feeling low in confidence so bad, that I felt like breaking down and crying. And on top of that the sessional marks were a total bummer. My friend whom I'd spent hours teaching maths got 5 marks more than me. I felt like a total loser.

So here I am, sitting in my room after a long tiresome day with nothing but a laptop on my lap, a seething pain on my foot and a hoard of worry up that organ which is a sorry excuse for a brain.

Indeed I have nothing else to wish for. This day couldn't get any worse.

Thank You dear Lord.

p.s - Guess that was a tad too much of self pity overdose right there.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Listen up, these were the first sessionals, and you are new to the Real Semester System. you didnt know how the paper would be, and how to study for them. Now that you have an idea, and i'm sure you'll work on it.