Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

So I'm Coming Home

Ah well.

Here we are again.

The past 30 days have been a complete whirlwind. Starting with excessive assignment submissions to preparation for Mid-Semester Exams, aka sessional.

So, college started out to be a great experience, even academically. But, boy, was I wrong.
Sessional scared me to death. Not the fact that my preparation was bad, it indeed was good. But looking at others studying late at nights, taking power naps just to stay up for the rest of the night… I felt completely out of place. Like, hey doesn’t anybody study like a normal person here?

Well, that was not all.

The assignment submission was an equal headache. I believe in self-study and doing things on my own. But an occasional doubt clearing session with friends/teachers is very important.  Unfortunately, the system here is copy paste. An apparent ‘nerd’ has to finish the assignment a day before the submission date so that the other ‘jocks’ can copy it and paste it onto their papers all night long. This makes the ‘nerd’ more desirable (go figure!)

Let’s come back to my problem now.

The teachers here are equally smart here. They set such tough questions in the assignments that a couple of nerds have to sit together and try to solve them. Thus, providing them with a valid excuse not to give them to others as theirs wouldn’t be complete by then.

So that was the storm that blew past rather quickly, and here I am, on a flight back home for a break of 10 days. Indeed, it’s one of the most glorious facts about MIT. It sends its first year students back home for coping with home-sickness (I’m not suffering from that much though).

It does feel rather grand going back. I’ll meet my mom and brother, go shopping in malls, catch a movie with my cousin probably and eat loads and loads of fish. Yup, Manipal does have its share of sea-food, but I unfortunately don’t have my share of fish-loving friends L

Nevertheless, its always fun being with them, eating with them and going to classes. Plus hostel mates are pretty awesome as well. Fooling around in the middle of the night, ball-room dancing, acting dumb and stupid… life becomes a breeze here at Manipal (barring the exam time of course!)

So, listening to The Script, watching How I Met Your Mother, watching loads of movies (and studying a little).. That’s how I plan to spend the next 10 days.
And oh, did I mention the hoards of amazing food my mom’s gonna make? Starting with cheesecakes to fish Manchurian and Lasagna...

 Life promises to be blissful for the next 10 days.


0 comments: