Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

This funny thing called 'Ambition'

Hi there!
Has been a long time since I posted something here. Sadly, a close friend of mine lost all his posts and had been quite dejected. But he'll be up and running his blog soon enough.
You know what this is called?
Optimism.

Something which is hard to find these days.
My wonderful parents for example.
They are one of the greatest people in my life and I am thankful for all that they did to make me what I am now. And they are still working hard on making me what they want.
Did you get that funny aspect?
Making me, what THEY want.
Did they ever stop and think what I wanted?
What was MY dream?
My wish?
No.

They were too busy in 'planning my future' without my consent.
Truthfully speaking, I am not very motivated with their pep-talks. They sound more like threats.
More like..." If you don't do well in life, you will end up in hell. This world is going to swallow you like a python and you will toss and turn inside its tight stomach. "
Scary eh?
Yeah. I know.

So this blog post goes out to all those who are dwelling on their parents' 'optimistic' dreams and are too shy to say what they wanna be.
Because if you say it, you might as well be spanked and asked to think 'practically'.
I don't think Michael Jackson, Barack Obama, Roger Federer, Fernando Torres thought 'practically'.
They just believed in themselves.
That's what we all need to do.
Believe in ourselves and do what we want.

Optimism lies in the hands of those who have the potential to turn tables and arise successful.
Like my close friend who just lost his blog.
:-)

0 comments: